Old 12-18-2012, 06:49 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

~~~~
waves HELLO to everyone!
~~~~

I see there's a lot of cookie crumbs around!! Hope everyone is enjoying their SantaQNSue treats!

No I haven't dropped off the planet either.
No I am not done Frosty.
A little more since I reported in, but had to switch gears and make a housecoat for a gift for tomorrow's Christmas GTG here with a friend who will be here til late Thursday. Have it made now, all except for the belt loops and pockets. Those will just be pinned on, til I have the person, to get them in the right place. Likewise the hem is waiting ... would they like it long? or just over the knee? Did a ragged edge (like the quilts) and have now washed and fluffed that raggy edge. Looking good, though all kinds of escaped threads, so I guess I'll be spending some time with a lint brush. And then need to get it wrapped.

Then Friday night have two couples for supper ... and then my entertaining is done and I will then be having to work like crazy to finish Frosty for Christmas Day.

So tonight ... crumbed dressing, made a pan of squares (3 layers, fiddly things, why did I do that?), cooked potatoes for the make ahead version, made a cake to be crumbed up and into trifle in a pan (cuts into squares, instead of looking mucky like trifle can tend to. Tomorrow ... Big Bird (well, not too big) will be cooked, with all the trimmings.

So chances are ... you won't hear from me til Saturday!

Anyone looking like they'll see a WHITE Christmas? All reports here are calling for green, green green ... and rain! UGH!