View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 06:52 AM
Scissor Queen

Originally Posted by omak
I think this would be a good project for those lines where I have to buy all the colorways <g> ...
I love lots of colors, but I can see from your explanation of how you created the 4PP quilt that I could make a more impact if I would use this pattern when getting all excited about certain fabrics.
Did we ask you, Scissor Queen - - how many yards of fabric per quilt top? say for a lap robe (60x72)?
And, do you find that you have fewer scraps by cutting the squares versus the hexagons?
It's one of those "it depends" quilts. I think mine turned out to be a little smaller than twin size. It takes four repeats and I think this one was around a 20 inch repeat. We cut our fabric in half length wise and I used both halves. The sashing adds a lot of size to the quilt too and it actually took longer to do than the blocks!

If you wanted a bigger quilt just buy 8 repeats of the design and then jog the second set off a bit from where you cut the first set. I did that with the second half of my fabric so the blocks are all different

I haven't ever made one of the hexagon or octogon ones. I like the four patch one so much I doubt if I ever will.