Old 12-19-2012, 03:37 AM
littlebitoheaven

Ldp, I printed the photo on 4 8 1/2 X 11 sheets of paper. I then put it up on a window and traced onto 2 other 4 sheets of white paper. I outlined each part w/black marker. I then cut out the main features from the 2nd copy. I found landscape fabric at a few different quilt fabric stores on line and then used the ones that looked best. I struggled with the grassy areas on the cliffs and probably could have done some "stitching" to emphasize the details but, frankly, I was afraid I would ruin it and just left it as is. Since my last posting, I have made some petals for the yellow flowers to give them a 3D look. I will post it again when I finish it. My last mistake was to use too small of an outside black border and am having problems squaring the piece up. I walked away last night and will give it a fresh start today. Thank you for your interest. Yolanda Wood River

Originally Posted by Ldp View Post
How do you do this? I have seen other pic of this and wonder how you do it. Is there a class or a book tell you how to do it. It is beautiful.