Old 12-19-2012, 07:44 AM
Pam H

Meanmom, good for you to stand up for yourself. I know that took a lot of nerve. I will be praying that something good comes out of this. You deserve a much better job.
I find I do much better about snacking if I spend the evening in my sewing room. I made 2 pillowcases that will be going to the students at Sandy Hook.
My son had his surgery. All went well but the Koreans have some strange things that they do. They keep you awake for the first 2 hours after you come out of the anesthesia. Otherwise your brain could stay "under". Coma? There aren't many nurses so his girlfriend had the job of keeping him awake. I don't know what would have happened if she wasn't there. I was in contact with his (Chinese) girlfriend and I think something was lost in translation because she had me scared that he was dyeing. Monday night was a very bad time for me. They took a ligament from his thigh to replace the torn ACL and also repaired his meniscus. They don't believe in using much pain medication so he was in a lot of pain. He was able to skype with us last night and sounded good. He is in a room with 4 other men. Do we even have any non private rooms here anymore? He thinks he will get to go home on Christmas day. Here it is outpatient surgery.

Last edited by Pam H; 12-19-2012 at 07:50 AM.