Old 12-19-2012, 10:13 AM
gardnergal970

Jan, we're supposed to get snow tomorrow, 1-3 inches but the current temperature predictions are for about 40 degrees. Not counting on much snow. I have one row of PC quilted and joined, 4 more rows all sandwiched and ready to quilt and the last four still on the design wall waiting for me to cut some more batting. I have the backs ready. Today's project is finishing a UFO! It's the first quilt I started when I began seriously quilting 3 years ago and I can see my quilting skills have improved. I'm putting the binding on and will be done. It has a wool batting.
Dubib, when you launder a wool quilt, do you dry it in a dryer? I was given a washable wool blanket years ago and after several washings before I knew better, it was pretty felted. Glad you can finally get to Brady. Make some memories with those kids. My DD & DGS will be coming up from TN this weekend for a candy making day. My DD loves to cook and that's her way if making memories. It will be good to see both of them.
QuiltE...ummmm your house smells good. Have a delightful evening with friends.
Honchey...glad you checked in. Have fun in NC. I tend to procrastinate too but it does get done.
Mirabelle...you have the Jamestown waiting for border material. What else are you working on?
Jeanie...how is the mystery quilt coming? So far I've been able to keep up.
Carrie...you sure get a lot done for a home schooling parent. You must have your children well trained to be able o escape to the clubhouse and they haven't hurt each other by the time you get back..? When my kids were young and I worked outside, I was never sure what to expect when I came in the house. Usually no blood but the house could be in more disarray than then I went out.
Anael...thinking of you and yours.
DDamsel...stay with us and you'll find something to smile about. Have a spot of tea with us in QNS's virtual RV.
OK...I remember those tax appointments. Not the funest times of the year but they did pass. It's just getting through it sanely. Keep quilting!