Thread: RAK Thank You!
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

Just a quick note to say thank you to everyone for your support and kind donations. We received a small advance from the insurance company that let us get furniture and that is HUGE. Goodbye air mattress. We have a nice bed that is big enough to share with the dogs who love to push us to the edge and dressers so we no longer have to keep what's left of our clothing in garbage bags. We also got a sofa and love seat -- the same kind we had before and that we learned had the ability to float! DH and I have a little table and two chairs in the kitchen here ... and while the stove leaves much to be desired (the oven sets its temp either at 300 or 500 and nothing in between) ... it is perfect for the two of us. We now have a television that is on top of a table borrowed from our son as is the desk that I have set up. So little by little we are moving along. There will be no Christmas this year -- no gifts, no tree -- so we will focus on the true meaning of the season and that is fine. I have a teeny tiny plant of sort sort that vaguely looks like a Christmas tree so that will be the essence of our festivity this year. Hoping that everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a happy and prosperous (or at least not disastrous) New Year.