Old 12-19-2012, 05:46 PM
my-ty

It's hard to find time to quilt. You sound like you are focused too heavily on time, and are not thinking about why you quilt. Do you quilt because it is fun? Creative? I bet your reasons for quilting have nothing to do with time.

Sewing with a deadline is not fun and if we feel the deadline is impossible then it's harder to get started. Here are some ideas that might help you get back to quilting:
- set aside 1/2 hour in a day to quilt. Many people find a "date" with quilting works for them.
- find a project that doesn't have a deadline. It is easier to make time, when it is a fun activity and not a chore. If necessary buy something for the 3 month old and you will be rid of that project which might be what is holding you back.
- take a class or meet other quilters. This is great motivation, you will meet new people and have new challenges. A class with homework will force you to get back into quilting. It is great to "work with others" and see yours and their progress.
- don't look at any completed projects/photos on the website -although they are beautiful, the photos will frustrate you because you aren't making progress. It is like trying to diet and everyone around you is bikini-sized!
- find an old completed project, and admire your work, remember the fun you had making it.

Hope these suggestions help you.