Old 10-23-2009, 09:12 AM
amma
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tigger5464
since I'm fairly new to quilting...I guess that I have a dumb question. A lady that has been quilting for many, many years told me that you can turn any pattern into a foundation pieced pattern. But, unfortunately, she didn't explain how this should be done. So, my question is how to do this. The pattern I would like to do is fairly simply, sort of a pinwheel type but more "fans" in the pinwheel. Can I just enlarge to picture of the block and then foundation piece it or does anyone know of an easier way? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you everyone in advance for all your help.
First off, I forgot to say that there is no such thing as a dumb question!!! We all have questions, no matter how long we have been quilting :wink: :D

I realized too, that I did not fully answer your question in my first reply, also.

Some blocks like this one that I attatched, you could enlarge a picture and cut it in half and PP away on. Just make sure that you make all of your copies at the same time on the same copy machine if that is how you are making your copies. Copy machines can differ and it will throw off your block sizes.