Old 12-19-2012, 11:44 PM
wordpaintervs

Default Ten dolls are in the arms of a Very sick N.C. child tonight

I received a note this evening from the lady who delivered ten dolls for me. Here is what she had to say. This took place in a hospital setting today. If the lady wants to let you know who she is, I'll let her talk more about it. Below is a copy of the e-mail she sent me. The kids are 6 to 9 years of age. Four are boys. As to who the quilter is:
(Left name out...she is a quilter from the forum and reads to a group of kids. Of these ten, nine have cancer and one has uncontrolled diabetes)

Vickey Stamps

(Quote)

OMG they loved the dolls. It was a huge success and nurses from other floors came to see as well.

The supervisor is suppose to call you tomorrow or friday. The parents were not comfortable at this time with
pictures and I told them that was ok. So not sure when she will call but her name is Beverly. I never seen so many smile"s on the kids faces. They truely were happy. I gave them all the birth certificates and story. I actually read the story to them along with a christmas story. Thank you for making these wonderful children happy. It was very sweet of you.
I will be out of town the next few days. Will try to check e-mails.
Thanks again
Huge Hugs

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEARS!

Remember you are a wonderful person and what you do for children.
God Bless You!
Attached Thumbnails downsized-10-dolls.jpg  

Last edited by wordpaintervs; 12-19-2012 at 11:50 PM. Reason: change in format