Old 12-20-2012, 06:22 AM
himnherr

Originally Posted by cherrio View Post
awesome scrappy! perfect blend. gonna try a REALLY scrappy one. starting one block at a time cause I dont have enough of the same scraps to do more than a block or 2. but, honestly-will that be -too-scrappy? should I wait until I have some more of "the same" scraps? I know that isn't a clearly stated question but maybe someone will understand what I'm asking? . . .
I understood it perfectly, I think. :-) My personal opinion would be (& I'm not all that experienced) try and keep your center square the same and just go for it. Do your lights and darks which will show the contrast and just do it. Can a scrappy log cabin ever be too scrappy? I don't think so. I hope you do it and post it. BTW- my scraps were divided into lights and darks, that's all. I cut a bunch of 1 1/2" 'logs' and sewed them on and then trimmed to right length. That helped me keep going because it seemed to me to be one less step and if I had all my logs cut to length I'd have been more likely to grab one matchy matchy. This way I tried to just grab. Does that make sense? When I got to my 2 outside rows I had to dig into more scraps so those 2 rows have some fabrics that aren't anywhere else.

Thanks everyone for your nice comments. This has been my absolute biggest undertaking yet. I do love how it turned out. :-)