Thread: RAK Thank You!
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 06:31 AM
Everose

Default Christmas Greetings

Have not been posting for awhile. November we had to put Mom in a nursing home because of a fractured hip. Then we drove to Michigan because we had purchased our retirement home/land there and needed to do some cleaning and such to get it ready for renting until DH retires - 2 1/2 years and counting. December came and Mom wasn't doing well. Drastic weight loss, trouble chewing, etc. Then on Monday of this week went to see her. She hasn't shown any sign of recognition of me for some time, but read her Christmas cards that I had received for her. Told her "I Love You" and cried as I left. Friend asked me to go with her to Fargo - about 3 hours from here - on Tuesday for shopping. I would get to see our DD and depending on weather maybe stay overnight. Got the call Mom wasn't doing well during the afternoon. They were giving her oxygen because they were sure she had asperated. Got the call during the night that she had passed away in her sleep. Thank you Lord for watching out for all of us. I had the strong arms of DD and she was wrapped in Jesus' arms. Going to be a quiet Christmas but that's okay.

Blessing going out to all of you. May your Christmas be bright with HIS love.