Thread: Pfaff 130
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 06:51 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
I was able to get it to FMQ effectively. I'm not sure it will be used for that much as I do have other machines I prefer for it, but an original Pfaff darning foot and completely releasing all the foot pressure did the trick. On a side note, the machine was missing its bobbin case and although I have other vintage Pfaffs to borrow from, I prefer each machine have its own case. I ordered a repro case and it's TERRIBLE. It rattles and creates a tension headache. It's visually such a downgrade from the originals with tool marks on it, some bumps in the metal...not good at all. I will keep it as it may do ok. in a different machine or if I ever lose a screw from one of mine...but the 130 hated it. I put the vintage bobbin case back in and smooth as silk again.
Candace is your bobbin case a Japanese case or a made in China case? I heard the ones made in Japan are a better quality. I also had to buy another bobbin case for my 360 - same case as the 130 - but, I have not tried the case yet to see how well it works! Now I am curious! My case was made in Japan.

Nancy