Thread: Design Wall
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 07:00 AM
Becka

Originally Posted by bigsister63 View Post
I use a flannel backed cheap table cloth from wallmart- biggest size they carry. I hang it up when needed and take it down whn not needed. Also it workes great if laying quilt on bed/floor to lay out. After you have layed out peices then you can roll up the table cloth and take it to the sewing room and pieces do not really move. I was taught that you should place the pieces that you are laying out as to how it is to be used. When making a bed quilt it should be layed flat since that is how it will be seen. If making a wall hanging then it shoiuld be layed out hanging on wall.
This is what I use as well, and it suits my purposes very well. Everyone is going to have different preferences, and none are wrong I love the mobility of the flannel backed table cloths; I have several projects in the works, each has it's own design wall, and I can tack up whichever one I'm currently working. I can roll them up and take to retreats, or my Aunt Wilma's, or my daughter's house, or to work when I need my quilt sister's assistance with something. I hope you find a method you love.