View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 09:20 AM
mo130

Default My New Pfaff 130

Hi Everyone!

I just bought a 1952 Pfaff 130 from Chicago's CL two days ago. I know very little about sewing, but I've always wanted to learn, and I heard that this is one of the best sewing machines (new or vintage) out there.

It seems to work and be in pretty good condition in its original box. The box is fine other than the handle. I paid $80 for it. From the research I've done, it seems like my price was somewhere between a sweet deal and getting hosed. It came with little or no accessories, other than its 1.3 amp "made for Pfaff" motor, an extra bobbin, two extra needles, a small knife, and an unknown part.

Please feel free to recommend an optimal sewing machine oil to get me started. I already got the instructions, but I'll be searching estate sales for accessories and a manual to make my 130 complete. Suggestions on a good Sewing for Dummies guide would be helpful as well and any other thoughts you might have that would help me get my as yet unnamed 130 earning its keep would be greatly appreciated.

I very much want to remove the smiley face and Christ stickers on her. Is Goo-Gone safe for the finish? There's also some tape on there just to the right of the needle (not sure why - it doesn't seem to have any function).

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Have a great holiday and thanks for already enlightening me with your posts.

Mo
Attached Thumbnails pfaff130_1.jpg   pfaff130_2.jpg   pfaff130_3.jpg   pfaff130_4.jpg