Old 12-20-2012, 02:45 PM
pumpkinpatchquilter

OH no I wasn't knocking anyone down!! So sorry if I came accross that way!!

I just was wondering because someone I know is a rep and I spoke to her about a long arm but I didn't realize that reps just work with shop owners - if that is how it works. I asked her if she was the person to speak to and she said yes but didn't refer me to a dealer immediately so I assumed she was selling them to the general public!! I also wanted to do something for her for giving me so much of her time as I was interested in buying used and didn't know if she would benefit at all from that...so basically she was volunteering her time and that was very kind of her!

Another reason I wanted to know is because I am shopping around and want to know when talking to someone what their part is so I fully understand who I am buying from. I have dealt with a somewhat shady dealer so far and I really question his honesty - so I want to have an idea of what motivation someone who is LESS than honest might have as well! If a rep isn't making a huge commission while a dealer is, in my mind maybe they have reason to be more forthright. Not that every dealer is shady, but one that I have dealt with in my shopping outright lied to me so I want to know who I'm talking to, know what I mean?

So sorry if I offended anyone!