View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Peckish

I used to keep an album, but the problem with that was friends and family who are not in my geographical area wanted to see the quilts, but couldn't. My husband suggested a blog, which turned out to be not just a great idea, but a lot of fun, also! Friends and family get to see not just the finished quilts, but the processes, design and fabric decisions I make and the reasoning behind them. The guys don't care that much, but the women on both sides of my family are very interested. I've also made a lot of friends through blogging that I wouldn't otherwise have ever known.

When I first decided a blog was a good idea, I had a friend in Michigan who was also interested in blogging about her quilts. She was hesitant to do it alone, so we joined forces. We've been blogging together for 4-5 years and have met twice - once in Paducah 2010 and once in Houston 2012. The great thing about our partnership is we started out at polar opposites; she was modern, I was traditional. But as our friendship has grown, so have our preferences and tastes. It's been a blast to grow with her.