Old 12-20-2012, 05:46 PM
pumpkinpatchquilter

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Pumpkinpatch, you didn't come across as knocking her down, at least to me. When my husband and I were young and bought our first house years ago, I asked the same question of the real estate agent who was representing us. How do you get paid for your work? I thought it was a fair question - if the agent gets paid a percentage of the purchase price, then how is it in her best interest to negotiate a lower price for us? That means a lower commission for her. The agent did some verbal dancing until I reassured her that I had no problem with getting paid for her hard work. I wasn't being mean and nasty, I was simply trying to understand the process.
Thank you! This is EXACTLY where I was coming from - but maybe I didn't word it as well as you did here. I also want to know that if I decide to buy a used long arm from the dealer she works with if she will get paid for it at all - because she was so kind and helpful I WANT her to make some money! Also, I realize, that she took time to help me even though she was fully aware that I may not buy a new machine, and she didn't have to do that. I'm talking to so many different people from different long arm companies I want to know who it is I'm talking to and what their part is - just as you said I want to understand the process!

Thank you all so much for your help!