Old 12-21-2012, 10:20 AM
wordpaintervs

Carol,

My dolls have always been free, and I have been helped to make 134 so far because of ladies across the USA. I would be happy to send you a doll kit for both boy and girl dolls, plus a fabric cut out for a girl doll, if you'd like. The cost is free. Please do know that this is my own design, and preserve my copyright.. The dresses (two per doll as she is topsy turvy, take 1 and a half yards each and it is a yard (slightly under) for the body. The girls are 24 inches high and the boys are 28 inches tall. For the boys I buy used like new 6 month size clothes (love overalls on them) and often find them on half price days at 2 local thrift shops. Sometimes I have to adjust the pants waistline. It would be after Christmas before I could put it together. I use 4 sectios of different colored ribbons together to tie around the waistline of each doll. (Snugly to give it shape.). The bodies are quite ugly before they get finished, but then because of the shape, they have fat widecheeks to kiss and put wide smiles on for the kids. If you wll PM me, I will need a mailing address. The doll insructions will have my phone number in the event you have questions. God bless and hope many dolls ate available to a VERY sick child because of you. Merry Christmas.

Vickcey Stamps

s
Originally Posted by Carol34446 View Post
Would love to know how you make them so I could make some for kids around here in Central FL.
What you do is wonderful and so needed. Parents of sick childern are under so much stress and to see their precious child get the love and comfort from the doll must help them too.
Hugs,
Carol