View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 01:20 PM
kellen46

Cool the night the world did not end.....

The night the world was supposed to end…..
I am awakened at 1:15 by a very loud clap of thunder that rattles the windows…Not a good omen for the day the world is supposed to end. However I notice the power is still on so I figure if the world is coming to an end the electricity would be off. I decide to just go back to sleep. At 3:30 I am awakened again by a large Thump out on the porch. End of the world? Zombie Apocalypse? Mad dog burglars? Who knows I am not getting out of my cozy warm bed to see….Power still on so still not the end of world. Besides it is raining hard and lightning and rolling thunder is off in the distance.
Around 7:am I get up and need some coffee before I face the world…ending or not. Later I go to take out the trash and find a very large very dead rat on top of the washer. I use my very best CSI acquired skill to determine from a distance that there is no visible trauma and only a small amount of blood by the head. The brains seem intact so no zombie rat apocalypse. The mystery of how the rat got up there will have to wait, I poke him off the washer with a ten foot pole and putt it into the weeds next to the fence. Time to disinfect the washer and surrounding area with bleach!!! I need more coffee now. As to the mystery of it’s death, maybe the rat believed the world was ending and committed suicide so as not to suffer from the after effects, but a note to all very large rats, if you want to kill yourself or other rats by banging your head against something solid….go choose a nice tree out in the forest and leave my washer and my porch alone…nuff said suicidal zombie rats!
10:30….world still not ending so I guess I will just get on with my day, you know I have a lot of fabric and quilts are waiting to get done…oh so hear this cosmos….the world can’t end until I use up the fabric….that only gives me 26,000 years till the next b'ak'tun.