Old 12-21-2012, 06:22 PM
SharonAnne

MrsAJ11 - Your package was a lot of fun to put together!! Good information from you - thanks for making it easy. I went into the Wild Bird Store in my area looking for Christmas gifts for family and friends, and my eyes immediately locked on the squirrel book. I just HAD to get it for you, and I crossed my fingers that you would not be upset by the parts that said people hate squirrels. Personally, I think they are amusing, but I get frustrated because they take one bite out of each of my peaches and leave the rest during harvest time - they get more than I do to be truthful. Currently they are piling the dried out peach stones on my outdoor chaise lounge (very large pile of them) and they also line them up on the fence top. The other day, I was watching one in my fruitless mulberry tree that now has tiny stones/berries on it. He would pick and stuff about 10 per clump of them, then move on to the next clump (clumps probably have 50 or so). That took about 20 minutes of hard work and he was picking and stuffing very fast with both paws. He/she could not possibly have swallowed ANY of them!! How on earth did he fit that many in his cheeks? Fascinating!!! I love making the 10 minute table runners (thanks to Brenda21 for that great idea).

Our sunrise here stopped me in my tracks when leaving for work this morning. Unfortunately, I did not have my camera with me and did not feel like climbing back up the steps to go get it. The gold, peach, yellow and brilliant pink was out of this world. I think it was the prettiest one I have ever seen.

My arthritic leg continues to heal and I couldn't be happier. I can walk pretty good now without the cane but take it anyway in case the knees buckle and I go down without a way to easily get back up. The pain is only when I forget I should not move quickly from side to side and knees now bend at 90 degrees without pain. Still a little swelling, but nothing too bothersome.. Today was my last day of work until January 7th, so I intend to do a lot of babying myself. The only place I'm really concerned is in the slippery shower, and I have decided that climbing on chairs and counters should totally be an activity for the youngsters.

Good luck to everyone on the bench on receiving their packages before Christmas. I heard that many of the delivery people are now contract people and not actual employees, so I'm sure there is a learning curve issue.

Happy Ho Ho everyone. No, not the Hostess kind.