Old 12-21-2012, 06:48 PM
DanofNJ

When I purchased the machine, several parts were missing. I have had to find the individual parts through numerous sources including begging to get the parts I needed. The machine that I got was butchered by two machine shops and the owner of the machine had given up on repair. So...they put it up on CL and I grabbed it for a song. Then, I was singing the blues because the deeper I went into it the more was missing. Small things like the metal contacts to the microswitches fell out of the machine and had to be carefully repositioned on the board. The bobbin had to be replaced. The springs had to be repositioned. The on off switch was missing critical parts...but: I almost have it done. I'll post it when I can.

I had to manufacture nuts to fit the bottom of the machine...now like new.

I purchased the parts list, and service manual...yes they are out there...which has helped me to locate parts and readjust the machine. Some Bernina dealers are quite resentful that I have these, especially when I tell them I just want the part. "You know you'll have to pay retail" I am told...but they do order them for me...I think they are fearful of Bernina Corp itself, but, let me tell you they are not happy.

As for the part: the bernina company no longer makes it and so it is limited to finding what's out there. It has discouraged me from buying any more Bernina's for restoration but I'll likely change my mind.

Last edited by DanofNJ; 12-21-2012 at 06:57 PM.