View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 07:08 AM
Michellesews

No "thank you", no gift the following year. Simple. When I was growing up, my mother sat us all down at the table and we wrote hand-written thank you notes to each giver. I don't expect that...but I will tell you I have a brother who is 60 years old, married, and I have sent them very nice, hand made gifts for the past two years and not even a Christmas Card!!! Guess what I sent this year? Yep...nothing. But in the spirit of Christmas, I did send them a card. I have 3 grandchildren who have not received anything from me for several years for the same reason. It is hard to do and you usually want to cave at the last minute, but come on! Just a thank you is too much? Please! I figure, they either don't like me, don't like what I send or are just very ill mannered. In my brother's case, I KNOW he was taught better, he was at the kitchen table writting notes just like I was. So...that is it for me. I hope all the ill mannered, thoughtless people read this, but they will think it is not about them...lol.