View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 09:04 AM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Krystyna .. I was wondering as you have gone through such a major life experience.. do you think it will affect your style of quilts/art? You are forever changed from that hurricane. I think it would maybe change your style in some way maybe colors, designs.. I know dumb question. Also that Conneticut quilter and her friends who gifted you with the machine and tools is an absolute angel. She gave you back a purpose other than rebuilding your home. You can rebuild you again and that is such a good thing. Thank you Conneticut Quilters. That is not even adequit wording. Wow. The peope here are amazingly good to each other aren't they?

Merry Christmas group. This is going to be a good month for quilting (counting on the fact the Mayans are very wrong)
I don't know, honestly. I've received some gorgeous gifts of fabric and there were a few that are going to end up in a "Sandy" project. The idea is still swirling around in my head, but it will be an art quilt. I need to get some EQ paper so I paper piece some of it. Or maybe not. It may just grow organically.

Yes, the quilter from Connecticut is an angel. I really don't deserve her kindness and simply cannot believe it.

As for the house, I am not so sure about rebuilding. I really don't think our insurance will come close to covering the cost and having lost everything, there is nothing to spare to toss in the rebuilding pot. It is a temptation to pay off the mortgage, sell the land and move south when my husband retires, but then there is my son. I don't think I could live without seeing him at least a couple of times a week.