View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 09:29 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I have such a big stash that my sewing room is bulging!! But I buy fabric lines. I buy fat quarter bundles and a few yards of a couple of the fabrics I like so I can make sashings and borders. I buy layer cakes and jelly rolls and charms and and few yards of some of the fabrics so I can make sashings and borders to finish a quilt. I have lots of fabric lines. Then I am the queen of quilt kits. I, personally, love quilt kits. I always have more than enough fabric in the kits to make my quilt. I always am able to add to my stash with my leftovers. Either I buy kits from magazines or LQS or I go to a LQS and see a quilt on a wall and ask the gal behind the counter to help me find the fabric from the quilt I like to make up a kit for it.

See, I'm not great with choosing fabrics. I've done it and have been disappointed many times. I just don't have an eye for it. But there is help out there in the shape of a quilt kit or a quilt already made or a shop employee and I take full advantage of that. I still give it a try every now and again and try my hand at putting together a quilt, but I still fall short. But with my fabric lines I do all right. I can make a quilt with those just fine.