Old 12-22-2012, 10:27 AM
Vanogay

Let's see - have a lot of threads I wanted to respond to.
MrsAJ11, take care - as we age, those 'tumbles' get harder on our bodies. Hope you're feeling better soon
SharonAnn, you too - take care of the body and rest up during your time off. I know you can keep replacing those knees, but that's not the point. Take the time to do the exercises and heal best you can
ShortMom, I have one of the plug in bobbin winders. It's not the greatest, but way better than my sewing machine's winder. I generally wind 15-20 bobbins at a time and my Elna overheats and shuts down. Talk about frustrating. Had to find something that would work as I wanted it, fill more than 2-3 bobbins at a time and not overheat. I keep neutral color bobbins at ready for all my sewing (tans, ecru, light brown, etc) and only fill another bobbin when I want a specific color - quilting specific on the back of something. All piecing is the neutrals. I'm upstairs, so really can't tell you the brand, but I've managed to work well with mine. Sounds like Jaba has had problems with hers though.
Quilty Louise, looks like your package was overstuffed with really neat things.
I'm again, like Jaba, waiting on mine. I was hoping it would arrive before Christmas, but doesn't appear to be. Oh, well, I'll expect it before the new year!!
And glad we're all here writing - yesterday was supposed to be the end of the world. I'm SO GLAD it didn't happen - I have too much to do!