Old 12-22-2012, 11:43 AM
AngelinaMaria

Boy, that machine looks almost exactly like my Babylock Espire--the difference being my Espire is more squared off and the Brother is rounded on the edges. The placement of all the controls and the screen are identical, throat space and extension table identical. These must be the same machine. Are Babylock and Brother the same company?

I am actually pretty sour on my machine for a number of reasons but the current one is the lack of a good 1/4 foot. I am actually using my old Janome machine right now to use the 1/4 foot as it works like a dream. I am in the middle of my Ohmigosh quilt and making 216 3 strip sets where each strip in only 1 inch wide so I really need a precise 1/4 seam. The 1/4 foot that does come with the Babylock doesn't work well at all as it positions the fabric over the feed dogs such that it doesn't cover the right feed dog so the fabic wants to vere off to the left and you have to fight it to keep it to the right against the foot egde piece. I would love to hear if you have a better 1/4 foot. I asked my dealer about if there was a better foot that would work on the Babylock and they were pretty clueless.