Old 12-22-2012, 02:12 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

This cookie recipe from allrecipe.com is called Pebble Nodder, the Danish Christmas Cookie...I subscribe to their free service and found this an unusual but want-to-try-this. 1 c.butter; 1.c.sugar; 2 eggs; 2 1/2 c. all purpose flour; 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom; 1 teaspoon of cinnamon or nutmeg or cloves. The Billy Goat cookie I sent to everyone had cardamom in it...no cinnamon or nutmeg or cloves or ginger. Notice no salt or oil.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time until light and fluffy. Combine with the other ingredients until blended. Separate the dough in 8 balls. and roll each ball into a rope about as big around as your finger on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 1/2 pieces and place them on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes in the reheated oven, or until lightly browned. Transfer to cooling racks to cool completely. These are 'white' cookies that might stand out among the chocolate and peanut butter cookies...gingerbread...butterscotch..etc. Picture makes me think of marshmallows!