Thread: wish me luck...
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 05:08 PM
hperttula123

Default wish me luck...

I just now finally got the I-spy squares cut for my last quilt to make for Christmas. This one is for my oldest daughter. I got two other quilts done for my other children. Now, this one is 5 inch squares and we think there are no duplicates in there which means, there are 300 different fabrics in this quilt. This one was hard because, I didn't have all the fabrics picked out before we started. We started with 130 blocks that I had already been collecting(for over a year now). We went through my whole sewing room going through every fabric and all the scraps(good thing I can't stop buying other peoples scraps, I got alot out of those bins). Now that they are all cut, I've got some caffeine and I'm going to attempt to get the top done tonight. Tomorrow, I will get the back and binding ready and try to get it quilted and the binding put on. I'm glad she has a super easy design picked out for the quilting. She does not like anything over quilted at all. I hope I can get it done. I just have til tomorrow to finish it. We have plans on Monday, so I won't have time to work on it all.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!!! She has to be able to open her gift for Christmas.