Old 12-22-2012, 06:35 PM
carriem

I don't have any exciting recipes to share. Mostly I just make chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies. The ones posted here sure look yummy though!!

We celebrated Christmas with my mom and her husband tonight. They kept the kids last night so we had a nice day just the two of us. Then tonight when they got home we had cookies, tea/cocoa and exchanged gifts. I got money for my sewing machine stash. I want to get a Janome 6600.

DH's family gets together on Monday, so we will stop by DMIL's house for a little bit to say hi to all. Christmas Eve and Day are spent together as a family.

Today while kids were gone, DH and I were watching a movie so I cut some squares for "leaders and enders" (I think that is what they are called). Had fabric cut for a pattern that now I don't think I will ever make so decided to cut them into squares to make some 9-patch blocks...probably will end up D9Ps. I will start joining these in between adding sashing to my Rosie blocks. I also pinned layers and cut fabric for a kaleidoscope quilt I have started.

I want to get back to finishing one UFO a month like I did through the summer. Since I have blocks made for both PC and Rosie as well as stuff cut and sewn for other quilts it is a reasonable goal.

Merry Christmas to all!