View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 09:34 PM
kay carlson

Originally Posted by karenpatrick View Post
I wonder if you could use left over jelly roll pieces for this quilt? HOw wide are your pieces? Looks pretty easy to draft a pattern for this quilt.
I, too, was considering the 2.5 inch strips for this pattern. It would be easy to make the template to cut the print or solid white triangle from the 2.5 inch strip for sewing the half square triangle block.

Then I was debating whether or not to use the smaller squares for the center pieces or one larger piece. Right now, I am leaning toward the smaller center piece and ask members to submit 8-10 quarter units each. My focal point is making a completed block which is simple and could be sashed on the right side and on the bottom. This would allow for squaring off the blocks submitted by several different sewers.

The guild I belong to makes charity quilts. This block could be sashed on the top, as well, and be used as a row for the charity quilts we will begin in January. Small groups will do a row and pass their unit to another group. Then, the individual groups will work on a row for the quilt they receive. Our goal is to meet/know all members of the guild, use our stash and/or donated fabrics, and have the guild pay for the batting and professional quilting.