Old 12-22-2012, 10:50 PM
qltgrose

Hi Everyone,

Not sure where on the board to post this, but I will start here, if anyone thinks I should move it over to another part, let me know. I just wanted to share what I found at Walmart that really works well to clean up the plated metal parts of your vintage machine. There was some discussion recently about doing this and I couldnt find what someone else recommended. I met a nice young man in Walmart today in the auto department. I explained to him what I was wanting to do. He informed me that he used to sell Kirby vacs and whenever he had to go out on a demo, he would shine up the metal parts with this: Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish. He said if I tried it and didnt like it, to bring it back.
That kind of customer service is a rare thing in Walmart, so I bought it. $4.97 for a small jar of it. It worked like a charm on my White FR machine that I am cleaning up to sell. So far I have cleaned the bobbin cover and it really shined up nicely. Will try to take some "before and afters" as I move along on the clean up detail.

Hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas!
Jody