View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 05:20 PM
DustysMomma

Nancia, things are cold in Denmark! I haven't gotten to hold him yet. Grandmother was here until his bedtime the day we arrived, then I started with a cold. We went shopping yesterday, then I got much worse and so I was in bed all day today except for meals and a shower, so I woulnd't give it to anyone. It's moved from my sinuses to my ears and throat already now. I'm on 3 different medicines over the counter, plus 2 different cough drops.

But, 1 of the stops on the shopping trip was a local fabric shop. I found 1000 meter spool of thread for $4 that I was told is a good brand, so I got 3 of them. Fabric is very expensive here though (solids on the remnants rack were about $12/meter, where I can get them at Hobby Lobby for about $8/yard). I got 4 remnants (each at least 30% off) and 3 spools of thread for $35-40. My boyfriend's sister-in-law says she will keep a look out for me in that store though, and will pick up some good deals as she sees them.

I was interested to see that the store did not carry Guterman thread, but did carry Guterman notions such as snaps, hook/eye closures, etc. Lots of small skeins of yarn and knitting supplies, but not crochet. Pillow forms, but no quilt batting. Also, much of the fabric in this shop was heavier weight, not quilting cotton, or t-shirt materials. This could be because it's winter now and the temperatures will stay around freezing until spring. The days are so short right now. Daylight around 9am and pitch black darkness before 5pm. I can't imagine living here full time in the winter. In summer though, it's still daylight at 10pm, which isn't so bad.

Well, it's 2:20am here and I think I've got my couching under control for a bit, so I'm headed back to bed. Tomorrow is the Christmas feast and grandma will be back for most of the day. I'll be back on the 25th or 26th to check in again.

Merry Christmas~!