Old 12-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Jim's Gem

So sorry to hear of your loss Everose. Even if it is expected or a relief, it is still hard. You will still miss her. Glad you got to say "I love you"
I have been AFK I was out of town the whole first week of December and on the 20th my newest Grandson was born.
Daughter called us at 2:45 am and we were out of the house and on the fwy heading down past Los Angeles by 3:10am. We got to the hospital in Anaheim in record time, cause there was no one on the road!!
Little Joshua Peter John Alvarez was born at 8:04 am weighing in at 8 lbs 8oz and 21 inches long. I was there in the delivery room from about 4:30 am and got to see him born. He is so precious!!! They have my other grandson, Isaac, who is 19 months old. I just got home from spending a couple days helping them out. That was Thursday. On Friday my father had some surgery, I was staying at my parents house so when I wasn't at my daughter's I was helping them a little. It's a 45 min drive with no traffic between their houses. I'm tired!! Glad to be home for 2 nights then back down to my parents house on Christmas day. Hopefully traffic won't be bad on Christmas and it only takes us 2 hours to get there. We'll spend the night at my in-laws (about 15 min from my parents) and come back home Wed evening. I will probably go back down and help my daughter after her DH returns to work on the 3rd. My daughter does not have room for me to stay there unless I want to sleep on the couch. That's why I stay with my parents.
Well, enough rambling, DH just walked in and I have not seen him for a few days.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!