Old 12-23-2012, 07:26 PM
nancia

yup. i can sing a verse to that song! i am allergic to thimerosal and it is the preservative in flu shots. quite uncommon allergy. the good news, after nearly killing myself with the stuff, i was told by a pharmacist that i could take a single dose shot as they did not contain thim because they did not have to be opened and preserved the way the multi-dose bottles do. he was kind enough to call the serial number into the drug company to be sure! then he sat with me. i told him i knew right away i was fine because it didn't feel like a flamethrower had just removed my arm. sure you can relate!! for those not allergic it doesn't hurt. everyone around you? does that mean no shopping or leaving the house? don't know how you could do it! it is good to know what will kill us. i had a very bad allergy to nuts and chocolate so i once told my dr i was going to go eat a mrs.fields chocolate chip cookie and off myself. he didn't think it was funny. i thought it was a very creative (and tasty) way to go! now i'm not nearly as reactive to them--i can eat chocolate (thank you, thank you) but still no nuts. i can deal!