Thread: Before Pictures
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Patty55

Yesterday I did the top part of the machine workings. All cleaned and oiled. Turns smoother now. Today I plan to do the underneath, bobbin case, and last clean the finish on the machine itself. I did put some oil on it while I was working on the top part just to protect the finish that was left.

I had to dig out what was left of the bobbin tire with a screw driver. I think the bobbin winder will work fine, at least it seems to be mechanically OK. The tension spring is very questionable but the assembly works and it's clean now. The presser foot tension also works but I couldn't get everything off the metal rod. That still doesn't look great. The faceplate and that metal cover in the back don't look great but they are better than they were. I'm not sure it's possible to get a new looking polish on them. The handwheel came out pretty good but there's nothing I can do about the missing chrome in several places.

I'm sure I probably used too much oil but I guess that's no harm done. And that Liquid Wrench stuff is great!