Old 12-24-2012, 12:37 PM
JanieW

I have the QE 4.0. I paid just over $2000.00 CAD for it new in 2010. The dealer told me it was made in Sweden. My older pfaff (7530) was made in Germany and I love it too.

I love the 4.0. It has a really neat feature that I don't want to do without. If you have the needle down function engaged, then you control the presser foot with the foot pedal, so both hands are available. It is really great for chain piecing.

Otherwise the presser foot is engaged by pushing a button on the front of the machine, there is no lever. It comes with a knee thingy to use instead of the foot pedal if you want.

I also like the sensormatic feature for FMQ. It has helped me improve. You can also FMQ with the spring foot, but mine didn't come with it and the sensormatic works so well that I haven't felt the need to purchase the spring foot.

The info button tells you whether you can use IDT with each stitch and what foot to use.

I love this machine. The only thing I don't like is the automatic thread cutter as it leaves the thread too short so I don't use it.