View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 07:48 PM
Minmom3

I am making DD#2 a Christmas quilt. Christmas themed, not a timely Christmas gift. I have (had...) 36 different pieces of Christmas themed fabric for the face, and she chose the ones she wanted. So, a sampler quilt of various stars. I have books, I can FIND stars in there! Most of them have gone just fine. One of them, sad to say, is both MY mistake and the books mistake. I didn't see that I was looking at a 9" star instead of a 12" star! But, better still, the templates in the book for this particular pattern - don't even make a 9" block, they're just wrong all around. Well, poot! Get out my grids, draft the darned thing, and oh guess what! One of the templates for the 9" block? Fits the 12" block! SERIOUSLY?!? Holy cats. What a MESS! And boy howdy, did I feel stupid when I finally figured out what went wrong, and where.

So, the day after tomorrow, I'll recut my blasted block out. At least I can use the bits I originally cut out a few weeks ago, before I started all my cookies! Hope I have enough of the stripe stuff that I can do the rest of the pieces out of it too!