Old 12-25-2012, 02:21 AM
jennb

Originally Posted by LuvQuiltin View Post
Joe,

I found a 7 drawer right here in my little community. I has a beat 66 head and a few chips in the laminate on the section that holds the head. You know, when the top is opened to the left, there are a few chips on the furthest right hand edge just to the right of the metal belt thingy...they want 350. what ya think?
Holy cow thats way way too expensive. I haven't paid more than 150 for any of my treadles, and that one in particular was in pristine condition and a rather rare machine and cabinet. if you can't find a decent cabinet in your area you can piece one together from ebay. Cabinet pieces are all over the place and rather abundant, from the irons right down to the screws.

I agree with everything Joe said. You can even buy the class 66 bobbins at walmart, but if you can find the vintage metal ones they're better. These are fantastic machines that will sew you a great stitch once you get her up and running. You found a really beautiful one at that! Out of the more than 75 machines I own, I don't have a red eye or a sphinx.