Thread: Jim- new member
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 12:29 PM
James_D

Default Jim- new member

Hello,

I'm from Petaluma, California. I'm just getting started with sewing. An old White Dressmaster Rotary (Pine Cone) appeared at my house (via my mother-in-law) and was forgotten in the garage. I purchased a Singer 306w (Ugly Duckling) machine for my wife about 7 years ago. It was also forgotten in the garage; uncovered. I pulled them out and tried to get one of them working to do some Sunbrella projects for my boat. I couldn't get them to do it because I had it all wrong. I was told by numerous people the two machines were not up to the task. So I went and bought a set-up, working Pfaff130 (Ulf) and took a sewing class.

After hours of cleaning on the Ugly Duckling, and a light oiling of Pine Cone (already pristine), we now have three working machines. Ulf had been overhauled by the previous owner.

Now my daughter took a liking to Pine Cone and has already made a Christmas stocking, and expressed interest in making quilts; which brings me here.

On Christmas Eve, we had all three machines set up working at the kitchen table working on various projects. I finished a tiller cover for the boat and both kids made there own Christmas Stockings; really cool. My wife hates sewing so she cheered us on.

So hello from my family to you all, and I hope to share with you our successful projects.

Jim

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-26-2012 at 06:48 AM. Reason: language