View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 05:55 PM
cherrio

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

and yes, we have boxes for cake but I see alot of guests just put things on paper plates toss a napkin over it and home it goes! (not at my daughter's wedding-there were no paper plates to be found lol) Some weddings are a bit more casual and others are held in more formal settings. doesn't matter here-cookies are the expected.

Clothes pins, mini cupcakes with cream cheese centers, tiny kolochi, a strawberry cookie-my fave, always chocolate chips for the kids, lemon bars, peanut butter with hershey kisses on top cream cheese dainties, different flavored pitzels, chocolate dipped strawberries and chocolate dipped pretzels , and there are more that the aunts and cousins make; sprinkle in some good chocolate candies. I wish I could post pics because even tho I'm not a big cookie eater-it always looks so tempting! sugar cookies in the shape of wedding bells and decorated in the wedding colors are so popular. snow balls and chocolate crinkles are always my sisters contribution. and since the last daughter was married in November (6 years ago) we made extras for that Christmas at the same time since many cookies freeze well.
so, the majority of responders weren't familiar with this custom. that's ok, I have 2 more to wed yet so keep the customs coming! love the sharing and experience here.

Last edited by cherrio; 12-25-2012 at 05:58 PM.