View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 05:49 AM
suziehammond

OK I have been AWOL but it wasn't all my fault....it seems like the internet service providers in Chile put the whole country on thei idea of a 'power save' option over Xmas....ie 3 days before the holidays until the new year the connection is iffy and time out is a staple of the day. Weird too as normal working people all only get one day off- the 25th and they are are madly running around shopping b4 that so it is not like the connections are overloaded.........

But I have been a busy girl. Sorry that there is no good place for photos here. Sunshine in the one window only and no larger place to display. But you get the idea.

First is a gift wall hanging for a friend who is a sound engineer on my husband's recordings. So digital waves were the order of the day. The white ribbons floating though the background were actually a staff of music fabric and I was delighted at how it turned out. Photo 2 is the back. The puffiness smooths out when the two flat wooden slats go into the corner pieces for hanging.

Photo 3 & 4 are front and back of smaller experiments from the big piece. I want the jagged lines to remind me of the path of a neuron firing. It is destined for the Alzheimer's quilt project for auction.

Now onto the New Year and the Jan Theme..............
Attached Thumbnails digital-wave-1.jpg   digital-wave-2.jpg   digital-wave-3.jpg   digital-wave-4.jpg