View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 08:32 AM
QuilterMomma

I do not have photos yet, but I did finally get to my UFOs that were just scrap blocks I cut up and put in their respective quilts. I want to thank you for setting out a couple of those ideas of using a fabric that is a constant. Sure did tone down the extreme amount of loud colors I was trying to put together and it helped in not having to match seams. I finished two tops yesterday. Then I did my flannel scrap quilt in large 9 patch squares. I had enough flannel scraps to make the whole top and had a backing fabric that has been waiting for the flannel quilt to be done so it is ready to go. May need to get that one quilted up sooner. The kids took my quilts for quilters swap blankets and the hubby is stealing all the covers off the bed and I want to stay warm. (LOL)

I think a scrappy block swap would be fun. It is my goal this years is to get my scraps down to at least one 55 gallon tub instead of the three I have now. So would be willing to do this one. I do agree that it needs to be a set block so we do have some unity to the scrap quilt, how about the spool block? That way it would pertain to quilting.