Old 12-26-2012, 10:31 AM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by mlt150 View Post
I am new to embroidery (quilting too) and am asking if you have any suggestions as to a book, web site or anything that will help me learn how to download embroidery designs, organize them and then get them to my machine. I take lessons at my LQS, listen to directions on how to do this, but at home am totally lost. I have the Janome 12000 if that helps. When you first started machine embroidery were you as confused as me? Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

Dianne
I think in order for us to help you, we need to know where the problem is. What exactly don't you know how to do? Download?

For example, when you want to download a file such as an Mp3 file, you normally right click your mouse and where it says download, you release that. Etc.

Is that the problem? Because if it is, then those are basic computer issues. If you have a teenager around the house, get them to show you. They are amazingly patient--often much more so than a spouse!

As to how to get it to the 12000, I'm not sure how that works--but probably either directly with a cable from one to the other (from computer to the machine) or by putting the file on a flash drive and then physically transferring it (walking with it) to the embroidery machine. Once again, get a teenager to show you--they know how to do it all and will be amazingly patient with you. I know that a few years ago when I needed to learn how to download radio files (mp3), I didn't know how. My oldest son was great...he didn't demean me or laugh at me when I didn't know how to do the simplest thing.

Pretty soon I was showing other ladies who had no idea how to do something that it really isn't that hard--but it helps to be shown.