Thread: The Sewing Room
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 02:13 PM
CAS49OR

Default The Sewing Room

I've mentioned my sewing setup a few times and finally took some pictures. The sewing table is a counter bought at a moving sale, it sits on a file cabinet bought at the same sale for a total of $40! DH mounted a rail along the wall, into the studs, for the other sides to rest on. He cut an opening and we set the sewing machine in a wire, coated, basket. I used my Sew Steady acrylic table as a template and screwed it on top of the counter, it can easily be removed if I want to use the open arm. The cupboard was a steal too, $99 at Jerry's because it had a scratch on it, we painted it to look like new, and added three shelves inside.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]384143[/ATTACH]

He built some shelves into the small closet for more storage and we set another rummage special, a bookshelf we painted white, on the large bottom shelf. The chest was on sale at Bi-Mart and all my nifty gadgets and threads are right by my side.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]384144[/ATTACH]

He made the spoon hooks out of old silver tablespoons to mount the bobbin holders on the wall. That was an easy one, just hammer them to give them a "look" and bend them to make a hook. We found the shelves at a yard sale and painted them to make thread storage.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]384145[/ATTACH]

The "office" part of the sewing room got kind of cramped for Christmas!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]384146[/ATTACH]

I think we are going to put more shelves over the sewing table, or maybe I'll make a quilt for it ...

I need to decide on color choices and we'll paint and fix it up some more, and obviously I need to organize my stuff better, but I have a lot more storage than I started out with and a nice, flush, sewing machine!

Oh, and the "cutting table" is the "38 x 74" inch counter in the kitchen/dining room. A large cutting mat fits on it, and I get my exercise running back and forth.
Attached Thumbnails sewing.jpg   closet.jpg   iron.jpg   desk.jpg  

Last edited by CAS49OR; 12-26-2012 at 02:19 PM.