Old 12-26-2012, 04:11 PM
JeanieG

My hubby and I did not exchange gifts this Christmas as neither of us needed a thing. I get what I want, when I want it, and he does the same. Besides that my mixer of 25 years decided to die this year, so I got a really nice Kitchen Aid to replace it. I told him that is my Christmas present. Last year it was my 18 years old Bread Machine. My grandkids would have a fit if grandma did not make their favorite - Potato Rolls!

I've kept up with Bonnie's Mystery Quilt this year, she has taken it really easy on us. Before last week she said we were about 50% done. I've only made 2 BB so far. I figure we have all of January, and things will slow down with Christmas out of the way. I am going to use my BB as leaders/enders for my Mystery quilt. I have everything cut out, so its just a matter of putting the blocks together.

QNS - you are really out in the country. I don't think I would like to have to travel so far to the store. It would make me darn sure I have doubles of everything!!! When one is used up, put it on the list for the next store visit!

We are having dessert at my sister's home tonight with my other two brothers and their wives to exchange our token Christmas gifts. We try to meet once a month for dinner somewhere, just to chat and find out what is going on in everyones lives. We all live with 15 miles of one another. Our lives got so busy that months would go bye and we would not see each other. We started this several years ago, and all enjoy it so much. It is awful how familys kind of drift apart unless you actually set a date and get together.

Last edited by JeanieG; 12-26-2012 at 04:14 PM.