View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 05:29 PM
mike'sgirl

But the thing is with these kind of parrots is their very high decimal pitch of hollering or noises they make and also the Moluccan cockatoo has a much greater piercing voice. You have to think are you going to be able to stand this and will this interrupt things with your family living. These are one of the first birds that people try to find someone to take . My friend has a double yellow head amazon and he is just a wonderful bird he talks and his voice isn't like the cockatoos. She got him when he wasn't quite a yr. old and he is just soooo funny. So Please really check out about if you really think the cockatoos are the right bird for you and your family. They Require ALOT of attention from their owners. But I just really love mine yes sometimes she really gets my nerves on edge .LOL[/QUOTE]

I agree with Cheryl wholeheartedly. I have a sulfur crested and she/he is SO loud at times. I also have 2 African Greys, a Double Yellow Head Amazon, and 2 Cockatiels. I love all my birds, but the Greys are my favorite. They don't scream at all and they are such great mimics. They are very smart and a lot of fun. My big grey tells the cockatoo to shut up all the time. They both bark like the dogs and meow like the cats. I don't let them out too often because of the dogs, but they are in the kitchen so are with the family all the time.
I would really think about a Cockatoo. They need/require a lot of attention and they are very needy and Scream at the most annoying times. All parrots sound off twice a day, but the Too's don't stick to that very often.
Hope this helps you. Gina