Old 12-26-2012, 06:53 PM
carriem

Hello All!

For some reason I didn't get an email notification of updates to this thread, so have missed out on a couple days of "chatter". All caught up now though. We had a nice quiet Christmas at home. We went to DMIL's Monday for lunch. My family was home for Thanksgiving and they don't come at Christmas.

QE--I love how the snowman turned out. The snow on the bottom and then border matching the scarf is perfect.

We don't do a lot of decorating...not really my thing. DH is the one who hangs stuff on the walls. We did put some garland up around a door with lights and our youngest (11) put some ornaments on that. I made stockings when the kids were first born, but they usually don't actually get hung up, just filled for Christmas morning....or this year Christmas Eve.

DH and I rarely exchange gifts. Occasionally we will buy something to surprise the other. This year DH said he is paying for half of my "new" sewing machine!! Now that was a surprise!! I just have a little more to save now, so should be able to get it by February.

Ggal--I was already planning to get a used 6600, I may mention to the dealer that I would consider a 7700 too depending on the difference in price. Since there is a bigger machine out there might be some of those coming in.

I got a new sewing chair last year...it is very nice, especially since I had been sitting in a padded folding chair!

Dublb--that wood stove looks like it should be a good "furnace". We heat with a wood stove all of the time even though there is a furnace in the house. It means some nights we have to get up and add wood so the house isn't freezing in the morning, but that is ok...costs a whole lot less than LP!!

QNS--I feel like we live out in the middle of nowhere, but nothing compared to you! It takes 15min to get to a small city with grocery store/Walmart and 25min to get to a large city.

Honchey--hope you have a safe trip and can enjoy a long stay in NC.

I spent a little time in the clubhouse each of the last 3 days and was able to get the sashing on all my Rosie blocks. Also have a good start on my BBs...will be working more on these Friday. I worked today at the LQS and tomorrow after the kids get done with school we will be going to help set up for the first "home" archery tournament. All three kids are shooting again this year. I help with getting the score cards ready and then help run them through the machine to record scores.