View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 10:51 PM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by Tashana View Post
I am at the point where I need to buy another sewing machine. The machine that I have is mechanical, very simple Singer about 12 years old. It is a good little machine that never had a temper tantrum. But, If it dies I will be in a pickle. I have never worked on an electronic (digital) sewing machine before. What are its pros and cons? I do not like overly sensitive machines that throw a fit if I use a thread that is not high end. I would be using the machine primarily for piecing and occasionally for quilting small projects. I have my Bailey for bigger quilts. The options that I like but do not have are automatic threader, thread cutter, dog feed lowering, and maybe a few decorative stitches. My budget is small, about $400. What are your thoughts - stick with the devil I know and buy a mechanical or join the 21st century and buy a digital machine? Help!
Something you may want to consider------------the electronics MAY die in an electrical storm. Now, if you don't sew 24/7, that may not make a difference. At any rate-----------keep the old work horse for times when it's rough outside.