Thread: Bernina
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 04:59 AM
sandyl

What a great guy! Chill out until you have your first class. Experience has taught me that the folks at my Bernina shop are so helpful. And I'm sure yours will be the same. Did you get a manual with your machine? It should show you the threading pattern. The auto thread was a learning curve for me, too. When you hold the lever down to actually thread the needle, I have found that if I pull the thread as the thingy is forcing the thread thru the hole in the needle, it works every time. Don't let it release until you have a hold of the thread. I have the 440 QE so I'm not familiar with the 530 but I'm sure the threader is the same.Your Bernina dealer will help you thru this and you will in no time be a Bernina fanatic as I am. It's the Harley (Davidson) of sewing machines, in my book. Funny story, in our quilt group I would periodically refer to my machine as my Harley. One of my sewing pals looked at me one day and said "You know I've searched and searched online and cannot find a Harley sewing machine. Where did you find yours?" Obviously her husband did not own a Harley. ha