View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 07:49 AM
QuiltnNan
Power Poster

Default Abbi and Scotty's quilts

My older grandchildren never got a baby quilt from me as I was not a quilter yet. So this Christmas, they each got big quilts. I was so pleased with their responses. Scotty said he wants to take his everywhere, including his own home when he marries some day.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]384281[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]384282[/ATTACH]

I don't have a sewing studio yet in this home, so had to remove a queen bed to set up the frame. And I don't have handles on the Juki, so I just hang on to the knob on top

[ATTACH=CONFIG]384283[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]384284[/ATTACH]

The kids are musical... Scotty on the tuba and Abbi on the flute and she is the drum majorette at school. So I embroidered these labels

[ATTACH=CONFIG]384285[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]384286[/ATTACH]

I made up the quilting designs and did them freehand. Scotty got musical notes and curlycues [first time doing these... they are a tad too dense] Several people remarked that they liked them. You can see that I put piping around the center of the quilt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]384287[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]384288[/ATTACH]

Abbi got stars in the inner border and circles on the white patches of the outer border. She called the circles musical notes and I didn't try to change her thinking

[ATTACH=CONFIG]384289[/ATTACH]

Since I flew to their house, I boxed them taping it all over to prevent damage... used it as my checked luggage. It was the cheapest way to get them there. And I didn't have to bring an empty suitcase home. Now all of my DGKs have quilts and I can start on the grandnieces/nephews.

Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails 009-002.jpg   007-3-001.jpg   071.jpg   070.jpg   label-abbi-publish.jpg  

label-scotty-publish.jpg   009-2-.jpg   010.jpg   003.jpg